ShapeBuilder: Section Properties Calculator
Section properties calculator, stress analysis, shape database customization. Get torsion properties, composite beam normal stresses and transformed section properties. Exports custom member cross-sections to VisualAnalysis.
Why use ShapeBuilder?
You have a number of choices in the marketplace for section property calculators. ShapeBuilder shines in a number of areas:
- Very easy to use, drag & drop, copy & paste operation.
- Extremely fast and flexible to build-up or cut-down parts
- Advanced analysis (torsion constant, shear center, warping...)
- Exports shapes to use for frame/truss members in VisualAnalysis
- See below for more...
What can you do with ShapeBuilder?
Calculate Geometric Properties of Any Plane Figure
- Create built-up sections, find their properties
- Shapes with holes or cut-outs
- Area of any plane-geometric outline
- Structural properties
- Shear and torsion properties
- Calculate a torsion constant
- Plot stress levels under arbitrary loads
- Locate the shear center
- Locate extreme shear forces
- Plot the warping normal function
Calculate Composite Section Properties
- Properties transformed with modular ratio:
- Example: "Flitch Beams" of wood and steel
- Example: Steel encased in concrete sections
- Example: Differing steel Fy (plastic properties)
- Example: Glass and aluminum frame
Create Shapes from External Data
- Import complex shapes from DXF, STEP, IGES, TXT and more
Customize the IES Shape Database
- Export shapes to VisualAnalysis
- Import CFS Cold-Formed shape libraries for VisualAnalysis